Hi All,

This is my first post to the group though I've been lurking for a while
trying to absorb as much information as I can and I think I've finally
hit a wall.

I have a data entry-ish type system whose goal is to be flexible in
terms of the data it manages, for example, if a new table or columns
need to be added to the application adjusting some config data in the
app is all that is needed to get it working in the app. This was
written in C# and consequently some decisions were made that make it
less flexible than it claims to be.

So , I'm seeing how far I can get with it in python ,sqlalchemy and
wxpython.

Right now, I have some wxpython code that can take a mapped class, and
map form controls to it for an easily generated data entry form for
that class.

The next step would be handling the foreign keys and this is where I'm
stuck.

Given a mapped class how would I derive the relations and the
corresponding objects.

if I iterate through mapped_class.c.self.props.items() I get either
columns or LazyLoaders thus far, if I have a LazyLoader is there a way
to pull out the type of mapped class it is associated with?

I'm thinking that with this information I need to generate a dropdown
that's bound to a list of those guys for example, but the lazyloader
doesn't seem to want to give this information up, or I'm severely
misunderstanding something, or I completely missed the easy way to do
it.

And with that, I put myself at the mercy of the list :)