Hello all,

I've been using SA to convert data from a csv or another database into
a new database (either empty or already being used).  I do all my work
on copies of the original data and then when I've confirmed that data
is being moved accurately, I have to come up with a way to get the
data in a form that can be imported into the new database.  It's not
so much a problem if the database is blank, because I can copy it
wholesale, but if UPDATES against existing data have to occur, then I
have a bigger issue.

I know with SA 2.x you could turn echoing on in the engine and capture
all the statements.  I'm wondering if I could use the python logging
features to log just INSERT, UPDATE and maybe DELETE as they happen
against the database.  This would mean that I could just run the
queries against the new database.

I've seen some comments about logging queries, but haven't found
anything on this list or in the documentation that indicate how this
would be done.  Also, would the output be pure SQL?  Even if I had to
write a filter to keep extra information out, it'd probably be worth
it.

Any info pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Brian