On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 07:52 -0700, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
Oops, I didn't notice at first that you are using pg_largeobject...

That's not a good idea, you should really use bytea (for SA, that
means declaring filepdf as a Binary column itself rather than linking
to pg_largeobject) unless you are planning to manually seek inside the
lo (i.e. with lo_lseek, etc.), and it doesn't look like you are.

I don't believe SA really supports using pg_largeobject, they're kind
of obsoleted by bytea.

This isn't true.  There's at least one very good reason to use
pg_largeobjects: you can pull them out in small chunks.  This means you
can stream them to a client without storing the entire blob in memory
while you do it.  If the objects are large or you have lots of
concurrent connections (or both), then this is critical.

Regards,
Cliff