if you want the behavior to happen within SA itself in a transparent
way, youd have to provide redefined versions of sqlite.SLDialect and
mysql.MSDialect and friends which add these behaviors in.  but
personally I wouldnt want to insert those behaviors into SA itself.  id
rather write an app that just says:

from sqlalchemy.engine import url

def make_my_database(dburl, schemaname):
  url_obj = url.make_url(dburl)
  table_prefix = ''
  if url_obj.drivername == 'sqlite':
     url_obj.host=url_obj.host + schemaname + ".db"
  elif url_obj.drivername == 'mysql':
     table_prefix = schemaname + "_"

  metadata = BoundMetaData(dburl)
  table1 = Table(table_prefix + "table1", meta, ,...)
  table2 = Table(table_prefix + "table2", meta, ....)

  return metadata