> your best bet:
>
> '0.3.3dev-r2190'
hm, this pkg_resources is from easy_setup or what? i dont have it.

> still researching ways to make that more integrated but setuptools
> doesnt give a whole lot of options it seems.

yeah, i used to generate my setup.py _only_ to have the version
automaticaly put somehow.

Maybe just add one simple .revision as of svn's $Revision$, that
should be okay for flying on devel.

but u'll need to setup a svn autoprop for that, add . ~/.subversion
[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes
[auto-props]
*.py = svn:keywords=Id Revision