I think I was the original person who had this problem. I found a bit
of time to troubleshoot it and came up with a patch.

The problem seems to be in ResultProxy when it does the metadata =
cursor.description bit. cursor.description is returning None because
the cursor has not had any rows fetched yet. If I do a cursor.fetchone
() then cursor.description returns the expected result. So it looks
like the solution here is to defer the metadata translation
(construction of ResultProxy.props) until after some data has been
fetched from the cursor. Patch attached (works for me, but not
heavily tested).

~ Daniel