I've been monkeying with trunk some more this afternoon, and since I
replaced assign_mapper with a local version that doesn't monkeypatch
the 'options' query into the domain model, I can't reproduce the
inheritance error either, so I'm pretty sure that I was seeing two
symptoms of the same problem. I'm not using polymorphic unions, though.

JP