we just implemented our very first oracle BLOB support in 0.3.4.
havent tested CLOBs yet...this may require an explciit type in the
oracle module along the same lines as OracleBinary (i.e. OracleText,
or OracleCLOB perhaps).  one thing I can say though, cx_oracle's
support for LOBs is extremely limited and more enhanceents to SA to
make them usable are needed (such as better result-set support for
active rows).  check out the CHANGES file on the site for some notes
on it.