> > Employee points to Dept and Dept points to Director; Director
> > inherits Employee. no other references.
>
> thats not the test case im talking about, you gave me just "A" and
> "B" with "B" point to "A" (which is "A" pointing to "A").
that right, i found another case giving the same error, and thought it
is somewhat linked.

> just
> look at the queries these things generate, expecting eager in all
> cases from those relations is starting to push the envelope a bit
> further than I can handle myself (as well as what a DB can usually
> handle).
> > is there any link between a relation being post_update and being
> > lazy?
> no.

that's all okay, i don't expect anything. i just want the thing to
run. and i don't realy care about the lazy/eagerness that much.

Can we invent some practical rule about what cannot (or should not) be
lazy?
 a) self-reference and inheritance between pointing and pointed, in
any direction
 b) anything else ?? i see rev.2257

Otherwise, it is a trial-and-error:
 - make some relation eager
 - try querying all classes around
 - make another relation eager
... until one hits some error - or succeeds