On Jan 29, 2007, at 11:30 AM, Manlio Perillo wrote:

> The problem is that sometimes (at random, but I'm not sure),
> SQLAlchemy
> wants to use the lazy loader for comments, when I do session.load
> (Derived).

thats sometimes due to an "eager degrade".  eager loading will
generally not issue its LEFT OUTER JOIN if constructing the query
means it will loop back to the originating table in one query...it
will stop at the point before it gets there.   this kind of thing
actually happens a lot.  this can occur when using backrefs...if you
have A and B with eager refs to each other, and you load an A with
its B's, hitting the "A" collection on each "B" will incur as a lazy
load...since the eager loader isnt going to eager load A->B->A->B->A...

but im not sure if thats whats happening here.  maybe something up
with load(), id guess if the instance is already in the session
maybe.  it would help if you could show me more fully what youre doing.