On Jan 31, 1:28 pm, svilen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> another things i noted:
>  - using  "value.lower() == value" instead of value.islower()
>
>  - ansisql.py:
>  in _requires_quotes():
> this
> " bool(len([x for x in str(value)
>            if x not in self._legal_characters()])) "
> should be same as
>   bool( s.translate( 256*' ', self._legal_characters() ) )
> and that table(256) can be a static/global.

oh no those are great, and should be fixed.  the only ones i dont want
to use are map() and reduce() since guido has said that list
comprehensions should be used instead.  i tend to not memorize all the
little tweaky functions like these (note that I am frequently coming
out against "humane" interfaces since i am more of a thinker and less
of a memorizer).  one reason you wont see too much performance gain
with those in particuilar is because the quoting system caches all the
decisions it makes about identifiers.