On Feb 6, 1:13 pm, svilen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i mentioned this dictionary-order on my ramblings some weeks ago; then
> u didnt take it into account.

because i stop reading rambles after 50-60 words or so, and the stress
of glossing over the rest generally causes me to forget words 30-60 as
well.

> i've managed here to get repeatable testing and SQL generation with
> hack-replacing many {} with ordered ones, but i don't like the
> solution.
>
> Why not just use util.Dict (defaulting to dict) instead of {}?
>
> Then whoever wants, replaces that with Ordered one and voila, all
> things get repeatable, if a little slower.

the ordering of the data sent to the sort should not affect the
outcome of the program.  therefore its important to test all kinds of
orderings to ensure that the initial lists of dependencies are
correct.  while you can hardcode the internal datastructures to use a
deterministic ordering, that says nothing about the order in which the
calling application inserts records into the UOW, which will then
change the ordering anyway.

i think my --reversetop solution will be sufficient for now, ive seen
lots and lots of these issues in the past year and a half and a
combination of testing with "straight/reverse" will pretty much bring
all of them out.