On Tue, 2007-06-02 at 06:25 -0200, Roger Demetrescu wrote:
> Hi iain
>
> On 2/5/07, iain duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Below is my code in case someone has time to look at it. At the moment it
> > works to get
> > article.ordering as a list instead of one field. Is there a way to tell it
> > that this is only supposed to be one item?
>
> uselist is your friend..  :)

Great, that did it. ( It's actually on the ordering field that I needed
it, but it worked ). Now after selecting and article I can use ordering
directly as a field:

[(a.article_name, a.ordering ) for a in Article.select_by(page_id=2)]

One thing I'm still not clear on is whether I can do an order_by on an
object field, or whether that always needs to be with the select on
table notation like so:

arts = Article.select(page_table.c.page_id==2,
        order_by=[page_article_table.c.ordering])

Is there someway to do the above like one of these but with ordering
added now that ordering is accessible as either
page_article_table.c.ordering or Article.ordering:

arts = Article.select_by(page_id=2)

arts = Page.get(2).articles

A big thanks to the makers of association proxy and session context and
assign mapper!

Thanks
Iain