> If you have the time and know how, do you know what the efficient
> way to iterate through all the class definitions in a module would
> be to grab all the classes that have a certain member?

import module
for k,v in module.__dict__.iteritems()
  if isinstance(v,type):
    if issubclass(v, somebase): #i would advice this, it's up to u
        if hasattr( v, yourmember):

btw. u should read the sources _more_, reading the docs aside.
What's the point of using interpreted language _and_ open-source
otherwise?