percious wrote:

> question.
>
> Lets say I have a series of table definitions, and a series of objects
> linked to the tables with a bunch of mappers.
>
> First question:  Is there a way to get from the table definitions in
> the metadata to the Mapper?

not conveniently.  you could loop through the dictionary of mappers in
sqlalchemy.orm.mapperlib.mapper_registry and just look at all the
"mapped_table" attributes of those mappers.  or just track yourself.

> Second question:  If I create a MapperExtension, can I then link it to
> the mapper associated with a table?

MapperExtensions currently like to be set at the time of mapper
construction.  there is also a way to say
query.options(extension(someext)), but theres a pending ticket which is
needed for some fixes to that...also that only sets an extension that
takes place within the realm of a select.

> What I want to do is create a simple application that goes through the
> tables defined within a metadata, and create an extension so that
> every time a table entry is added it prints 'hello world' to the
> screen.

yah that pattern is not really supported.  tables/mappers/etc like to be
constructed and then not changed after that, so if you cant apply your
"hello world" function at table/mapper construction time, the closest
thing you could do is either use a customized logging stream to trap
INSERT statements, or if you used DynamicMetaData you could have it
connect() to a ProxyEngine instance which does similar.