> Thanks for the tips, however I mean this DB we have is pure
> objects, there are no tables.
so u have to define the O-to-R mapping of your objects into tables,
then ...
> So there isn't much of a logical leap
> to strap python on top of it, however you can't use and SQL. I
> guess I was wondering how tied to SQL SA is? If it's fundamental to
> the core, then I'm out of luck. But it different engines can supply
> their own navigation logic, then it might be worthwhile.

do u mean to make a Versant-alchemy? That is, something that looks
more like a language and less like bunch of lowlevel
getattr/getparents()-calls?
i guess u'll have to make it on your own...

btw There was some versant python wrapper here, ancient (1999):
 http://starship.python.net/crew/jmenzel/
The link maybe dead, i have the .tgz (37K) if u want it as starting
point.