You say "defined manually... automatically."  It can't be both. :)

SA won't try to guess what properties you want on your mapped classes,
because it could guess wrong.  (Believe me, whatever pattern you are
thinking of, someone could find an exception where automatically
setting it up is not the right thing to do.)  Explicit is better than
implicit...