Arnar,

I agree that is an adodbapi problem; I have seen this as well. It is
because adodbapi isn't setting the length of the parameter, so ADO is
defaulting to 1 - hence you only getting "O". I do have an idea how to
fix this, however I'm choosing not to for now. adodbapi just isn't
maintained any more - the mailing list is all but dead, and numerous
attempts to contact the author have failed. Moreover, pyodbc is now a
very viable alternative. I had been avoid ODBC because earlier versions
had no Unicode support, but this is now fixed. So, from now I will be
devoting my energies to making SQLAlchemy work better with pyodbc.

Paul