On Feb 19, 2007, at 3:39 PM, Paul Johnston wrote:
> Ok, the issue was noticed due to a unit test failure
> (engine.reflection.ReflectionTest.testcompositefk) where the test
> checks
> if the condition created by the join matches the condition it
> knows. The
> test was incorrectly failing because the order is different.
>
> Your call - do I just get the test working the simple way, or it this
> "semantic compare" worth doing?

ah, the order is different.  how come ?  doesnt MS-SQL return the
columns from a table in the order they were given in the CREATE ?  id
think thats pretty crucial.  if two pairs of Table objects have their
columns in the same order, then the "onclause" generated for each
pair should calculate to be the same, right ?

id rather not get into the "semantic compare" thing unless we're
prepared to make "clause comparison" a real feature, build out the
unit tests, etc.  doesnt seem worth it for a single unit test....id
rather change the unit test to just explicitly look for the correct
foreign keys instead of just comparing join clauses.