Michael,

On Mar 1, 8:04 pm, "Michael Bayer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> people ask for this function occasionally, what i dont like about it
> is that it would greatly complicate things just to produce
> functionality that isnt really needed.

It wasn't my intention to ask anybody to implement such a
functionality. I thought that I simply failed to find it.

> for example, if you want one
> of the columns in your INSERT to be driven off the values in the other
> columns, why not just prepare that data *outside* of the call to
> sqlalchemy's insert() ?

In my case data cannot be prepared outside, well at least not unless I
begin transaction, fetch data I need then insert new record and commit
transaction. But that doesn't look quite right for me since in plain
SQL it would be just one INSERT statement with SELECT. I guess it's
just a price I have to pay for using ORM and not dealing with SQL
directly.

Anyway, thanks for answering.