> I need to ping the Mysql database to keep it alive.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this with SA?

Maybe you'd want to have a look at the "pool_recycle" argument of
create_engine. It'll make the connection pool beeing checked if active, and
potentially recycle the connections if they are too old. Search for "MySQL
has gone away", you'll have different threads talking about that.

Hope it helps.

Seb
--
Sébastien LELONG