I'm playing around with dynamically building a query.  I can append
columns, where clauses, from objects etc... but what about the case
where I want to modify the from obj with a join?

For example I can do this:

sel=select()
sel.append_from(a)
sel.append_from(b)
sel.append_whereclause(a.c.id==b.c.id)

That won't work for an outerjoin though.  I have a query that works
like this now:

select ( [...], from_obj=[a.outerjoin(b)] )

but I can't figure out a way to add the outerjoin dynamically.  I
looked at clause visitors but there doesn't seem like a way to
actually modify an existing join.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Dennis