Hi Michael and All,

> On 3/8/07, Michael Bayer wrote:
> > but the point is, and why its "irrelvant" to me as the maintainer of
> > SQLAlchemy, is that this is totally an issue with sqlite, and has
> > nothing to do with SQLAlchemy.  you should ask on their mailing list
> > about this particular behavior.

I was able to get a very useful answer from the pysqlite mailing list.
Just for the records, if someone else will have the same problem in
the future (very unlikely, but one never knows...), it was enough to
call the VACUUM command for sqlite using an SQLAlchemy statement:

self.engine.execute("VACUUM")

After having deleted the nodes. I don't know if this is the most
correct way to proceed, but the command has shrunk back the database
file size to 3 Kb, which was the original file size of the empty
database.

Thank you for your help.

Andrea.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/