I have 2 tables.

One that maps categories (schema: Category) that are created/
initialized when database is first created:
-category_id (primary-key),
-category_name

[sample STATIC-CONSTANT table mappings]
1 , 'Local'
2 , 'Global'
etc.,

Another that contains (schema: Event):
-event_id (primary-key),
-category_id (foreign-key),
-date,
-etc,

This is a one to one relationship. I am using Pylons MVC framework
with SA. When creating an Event object which requires association with
a category, how do I map it?

I have the following mappers:

assign_mapper(session_context, Category, category_table)
assign_mapper(session_context,
       Event,
       event_table,
       properties = {'category' : relation(Category, cascade="all,
delete-orphan")}

Basically, what's the syntax to create the event with some category?
This doesn't work.
event.category = Category("Local")

It creates a NEW entry in the "Category" table, which is not what I
wanted. I want to basically link the Event table to the Static
Category table through reference of the primary/foreign-key
relationship.

Thanks!

/sqad