Hi,

I've had a go at implementing scope_identity, with mixed results.

It works fine with pymssql
With adodbapi, scope_identity() always returns None
Same problem with pyodbc, and I uncovered a worse problem lurking (it
exists with @@identity)
If you do an insert inside a transaction (i.e. autocommit doesn't
happen), when it tries to extract the ID, you get the dreaded "Invalid
cursor state" error.

So, for the time being I think we should hold fire on scope_identity. I
will see if I can figure out what's up with adodbapi/pyodbc.

Paul