On Tuesday 20 March 2007 07:47:53 Benno Rice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to have a situation where
> transactions coming in from the ORM system could be sent to
> multiple database servers at once.
>
> If I were to look into adding this, where would be the best place
> to start?

although i'm not the authority to answer, i would probably subclass
Engine and makeing it multi-sub-engine.

Don't know how diff.dialects will be tackled though.. e.g one db is
sqlite for quick and dirty caching, another is oracle for secure
back-storage, etc.

Also no idea how would u "synchronise" the db-responses, i.e. when to
consider a transaction ready - when 1st db is ready, or when last db
is ready etc. Same for errors - if one db throws and others do not..

i guess this can be ery usable also for full-replication mechanisms.

svil