One of the optimizations that psyco performs is function
specialization.  It is possible this is what is occuring.  Regardless,
you should see memory consumption taper after sustained use, under the
assumption that psyco will eventually stop creating new variants of
the specialized function.  You could test this by driving your
application with a set of fixed inputs.

One of the gotchas of using psyco is memory use goes through the roof
in exchange for much improved performance.

Greg