Michael Bayer wrote:

> OK, let me tell you what just happened the other day.  Im dealing
> with a Pylons application, and Pylons provides the SA engine by
> binding it to the Session.  but the application also had a
> DynamicMetaData stuck in there, and at some point they were creating
> their own engine and connecting it to the DMD.  needless to say I
> quickly got uber-confused as the app was running with *two* engines,
> which happened to point to the same database, but still completely
> weird.  So i fixed it.  But by changing the DynamicMetaData to just
> plain MetaData, i was then *sure* that no other part of the app was
> trying to sneak a connect() on there.  Whereas if we only had one
> kind MetaData I could not rely upon that.

So you are saying you got "uber-confused" because of DynamicMetaData?
Thats even more reason to not use it :)  If it confused you, its sure
to confuse me (as it already has before)!

Just joking around...

> Not sure if that justifies the existence of DMD since its Python,
> things are dynamiclaly typed, theres an endless number of operations
> that you cant really "guard" against.  But was just a moment that I
> felt thankful that there *were* two versions of MetaData.

I see your point.  I don't care what you do with DynamicMetaData, as
long as I can do this one day:

     metadata = MetaData()
     engine = create_engine(...)
     metadata.connect(engine)