On 22/03/2007, at 6:04 AM, Michael Bayer wrote:

> this is interesting, but what would prevent the same result by
> creating different mappers for a single class using entity_name ?
> thats the current way to persist multiple objects of the same class
> in different ways.

Hrm.

I've reimplemented my code using entity_name and have some thoughts:

The reason I like my approach is that it's more transparent.  The
entity_name approach requires sticking entity_name arguments all over
the place which is somewhat annoying.

However, my approach currently doesn't handle queries at all.  I
could hack around
that by converting the query arguments into a fake object and handing
that in but that seems unpleasant.

What would be nice is a way to do this kind of farm-out in a way that
didn't as much help from higher layers.  I can provide the system
with a function that will take an object key and return which engine,
metadata or table object I want to use, I just need a way to glue it
into SQLAlchemy without having to specify it every time I make a call
to my Session object.  Do you have any suggestions of how I might
approach this?

--
Benno Rice
[EMAIL PROTECTED]