On Mar 25, 3:54 pm, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  I've modified my SA again, so ResultProxy.keys uses the name as it
> > comes out of the DB, and everything else uses the lower-cased version.
> > Again, my stuff still works, but the same test fails as before
> > (orm.inheritance5.RelationTest3).
>
> can I see a patch for how youre doing that ?  just changing the
> casing of keys() breaks no tests on this end.

 After running some more tests, it seems the extra test failure is
nothing to do with my modification - just running alltests repeatedly
on the default install of SA results in, seemingly randomly, 1-3
failures:
  FAIL: test_check_constraint (sql.constraints.ConstraintTest)
  FAIL: testrelationonbaseclass_j2_data
(orm.inheritance5.RelationTest3)
  FAIL: testrelationonbaseclass_j2_nodata
(orm.inheritance5.RelationTest3)
 The first always fails, each of the other two seem to be 50-50 as to
whether they succeed or not...
 Arf, now there's another two:
FAIL: testrelationonbaseclass_j1_data (orm.inheritance5.RelationTest3)
FAIL: testrelationonbaseclass_j1_nodata
(orm.inheritance5.RelationTest3)

 I guess it's just inheritance5.RelationTest3 not playing nice. :/

> thats how column names are stored in those databases unless they are
> quoted.

 Is there any reason not to always quote column names then? Wouldn't
this 'fix' the uppercasing of Orace/Firebird columns, or am I
misunderstanding the situation (again)..?

 Takk,
 - Mel C