On 3/26/07, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i think using entry points to load in external database dialects is a
> great idea.
>
> though the current six core dialects i think i still want to load via
> __import__ though since im a big fan of running SA straight out of
> the source directory (and therefore thered be no entry points for
> those in that case).

For what it's worth it's perfectly possible to use entry points when
running the project from its own source directory. I do it all the
time, but I'm not sure what is the exact condition for that to work.
Simply having in your source directory a directory named
anything.egg-info containing an entry_points.txt file seem to be
enough.

--
Gaƫtan de Menten
http://openhex.org