On Mar 29, 2007, at 5:43 PM, Rick Morrison wrote:

> Thanks.  Does that full list of elements include individual
> instance attributes or just instances?

we're talking about session.dirty and stuff like that, its instances.

> What happens if the before_update of an instance, the handler
> modifies a column on that same instance that is being saved? Is
> that also tracked via UOW, or via a compare against saved original
> values?

if you change something on the instance in before_update, if its a
column-level attribute then whatever value you just set it to is what
will get updated into the DB.   the UOW doesnt care about changes at
that point its already assembled all the objects and is sending them
off to get persisted.   then the flush finishes, and whatever state
on the instances, including whatever you wanted to set, gets
"committed" and the in-memory history of what they were previously is
erased.