Disrupt07 ha scritto:
> Thanks.  But what do you mean by "a <type 'set'>" ?  Is this a
> functionality of SQLAlchemy or of a list or some programming language?

What's your data sources ?  a python  list? a text file? another DB?

You can do a sequence of insert into with a unique contraint over that
field so duplicate records will not be stored...

the set otherwise is only usable if you have a list (from a turbo Gear
Form form for example )

a = Authors()
my_authors= [ 'W. Shakespear', 'J. Smith', 'R. William', 'W.
Shakespear', 'J. Smith']

for x in set( my_authors )
     a.new(  x  )

> Please explain how to do it in SQLAlchemy because I want to populate
> the table initially with all of the data, then I want SQLAlchemy to
> save only unique distinct values.

Glauco

                                  Glauco Uri - Programmatore
                                    glauco(at)allevatori.com

  Sfera Carta Software®      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Via Bazzanese,69  Casalecchio di Reno(BO) - Tel. 051591054