> > if u have different attributes for different Content subtypes,
> > then that means subclasses and eventualy polymorphism. Or u go
> > the single_typee (singletable) way, and put all stuff in Content,
> > and just check for presence/absence of some attributes.
>
> yep I have different attributes for different content subtype, for
> example I have a class Event(Content), a class News(Content), ...
> and three SQL tables : contents(id pk), events(content_id pk and
> fk), news(content_id pk and fk)
> etc etc
>
> as Mike suggested I will add a table content_types to avoid to many
> queries, so I could to:
> for p in Parent.Select():
>   if p.content_type.name == "news":
>     foo = News.get(p.content_id)
>     # do stuff
>   elif p.content_type.name == "event":
>     bar = Event.get(p.content_id)
>     # do stuff

so this is the polymorhism done in python and not in SQL...
i notice a pattern here (3 times last 2 weeks or so), may eventualy be
mentioned/suggested in the docs about polymorphism?

hmm, just suggestion, u could do it both ways, one sql-polymorphic and
one python-polymorphic (u have all data needed - the type column),
via 2 mappers (e.g. the sql-polymorphic one being secondary), and use
either one depending on use case/size/quick-and-dirty/whatever..