Michael Bayer ha scritto:

> On Apr 10, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>>  From the documentation it is not clear if this is allowed.
>>

> the word "threadlocal" means that a resource is tied to the current
> thread.  therefore, if you take resources which expect this behavior
> and then send them off to three different threads during their

There is only one different thread (and a total of two threads used)

> lifecycle, they will not have consistent access to the resources they
> require.

Ok, thanks.

As I have said, IHMO this is not clear from the documentation:

When strategy is set to threadlocal, the Engine still checks out a
connection which is closeable
<...>
When all ResultProxy objects are closed in a *particular* thread, the
connection is returned to the pool normally.

Reading the documentation, it *seems* that it is safe to open the
ResultProxy in one thread and closing it in another thread.

Regards  Manlio Perillo