On Apr 20, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Ram Yalamanchili wrote:

> Passing a string in limit or offset does work (atoi done internally i
> think). Thats the reason I thought offset='' doesn't make sense.
> Shouldn't there atleast be a better error than trying to figure what
> is wrong with the sql statement?

sure.  but then again, this is python, and to be able to guard
against all errors of this kind (i.e., passing the wrong type to a
function), would require a huge layer of type assertions on every
function everywhere.  which i wouldnt want to do, because of the
performance overhead, maintenance overhead, code readability
overhead, plus the fact that....its python - which provides no
standard/easy way of typechecking method arguments...yet we all get
our work done anyway.   so it feels a little weird that we "should"
have type checks only on methods for no reason other than, "someone
happened to stumble upon it"...can we have a better criterion for
which methods get explicit type checks ?  other than, "all methods" ?
because that would be  alittle unworkable.