On Apr 25, 2007, at 10:03 PM, Daniel Holth wrote:

> I need schema support and "it works at all" support in MySQL, so I had
> to change these things. It was'n't "character_Set_results" it was
> "character_set_results". The older MySQL 4? doesn't have this value at
> all. Hopefully I will be fully upgraded in a few weeks.
>
> MySQL 4.0.24:
>
> show variables like 'char%';
>
> | character_set  |
> latin1
> | character_sets | latin1 big5 cp1251 cp1257 croat czech danish dec8
> dos estonia euc_kr gb2312 gbk german1 greek hebrew hp8 hungarian
> koi8_ru koi8_ukr latin1_de latin2 latin5 sjis swe7 tis620 ujis usa7
> win1250 win1251ukr win1251 |
>
> The "table exists" function sucks. Is raising an error necessarily
> catastrophic here?

what, just doing the catch ?  i dunno.   the thing about catching the
error, the error should be checked also that its the "table doesnt
exist" error (and not some other error...like connection lost or
something).  so sure send me a patch for that.  the USE version below
is kind of ugly (not a fan of changing state on pooled objects).