On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Koen Bok wrote:

> I want to grant permissions through sqlalchemy, but for some reason if
> I let an engine execute the sql it does not work:
>
> Code:
>
> from sqlalchemy import *
>
> engine = create_engine('postgres://localhost/Test')
> engine.echo = True
>
> engine.execute('CREATE USER testuser;')
> engine.execute('GRANT SELECT ON TABLE testtable TO testuser;')

my only guess is that the GRANT needs a "COMMIT" issued afterwards
(which is a postgres weirdness in itself, that schema changes are
part of transactions).  SA's autocommit logic is based on the
statement text containing INSERT, UPDATE, ALTER etc. but i dont think
GRANT is in there.   so use an explicit connection/transaction for now.