On May 1, 2007, at 12:24 PM, VN wrote:

> I tried the following:
>
> import sqlalchemy as SA
> md_dbA=SA.BoundMetaData('dbA')
> tbl_dbAtbl=SA.Table('dbAtbl',md_dbA,autoload=True)
>
> SA.text("ATTACH DATABASE 'C:Temp\dbB.db' as dbB_db")
> tbl_dbBtbl=SA.Table
> ('dbB_db.dbBtbl',md_dbA,schema='dbB_db',autoload=True)
> <=======
>
> The code fails on the line marked above. Did I mis-understand what you
> said?

first thing, the "schema" argument that is "dbB_db" is separate from
the tablename.  so tablename must be "dbBtbl".

also, I doubt that sqlite reflection code is working for tables in
alternate "schemas" right now.  it uses PRAGMA table_info
(tablename).  what happens if you say PRAGMA table_info
(dbB_db.dbBtbl) (at the sqlite3 command prompt) ?  if PRAGMA
table_info doesnt work for attached tables, then this feature would
be impossible to add.

> Also, how do I look at the echoed SQL for "text" function?

create_engine('sqlite://', echo=True)