I'm fairly new to this, and trying to understand the ORM relationship
between a class and a table row. In most of the examples in the
documentation, there is a one-to-one relationship; a class instance
corresponds to a row of a table.

In my application, my data falls into a 3-tier structure, represented
by tables A, B and C. Each A has zero or more Bs, and each B and zero
or more Cs. So, A->B is one-to-many, and B->C is one-to-many.

>From an application perspective, the only type of entity is a "A", the
only reason I have Bs and Cs is that SQL tables cannot have repeating
columns (my previous database experience is with a non-SQL database
that allows repeating data items!). I think of the Bs and Cs as just
part of the particular A to which they belong.

Now, in Python I can represent all the data for a particular A (ie A+B
+C) together in one item, say a nested dictionary.

My question is, can the SQLAlchemy ORM do this for me - i.e. have a
single class A which maps to my 3 tables A,B,C and "knows" how they
are joined? If so, what should my class and table declarations look
like (and for bounus points, can I specify the declaration using
Elixir).

Thanks, and my apologies for the lengthy question.