Hello,

I'm pretty much an SQL newbie, so I don't know how to do this in SQL,
but I want to do it in SQLAlchemy, so I hope you'll agree to help.

I have a users table and a messages table. Each message belongs to a
user. Each message has a date. I want to select the last message for
each user, according to the date (actually I'm only interested in the
date). I know I can first select all users and then issue a select for
each user to get the last message. But is it possible to do it with
only one select, to save DB queries?

Thanks,
Noam