On May 24, 1:31 pm, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On May 24, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Eric Ongerth wrote:
> > Is there a shortcut to that longer way around?
>
> not at the moment.  the tables/columns arent optimized for traversal
> right now.

Thanks -- I can certainly accept that.

So then, just out of curiosity, why is it that columns have the
property 'unique' yet accessing it never seems to return any value?
Even on columns which appear in my UniqueConstraints?

On a side note... once I determine the feasibility of removing my
surrogate primary (Integer) keys and just start using the "true"
composite primary keys for these tables... then everywhere I'm
currently using UniqueConstraint will become PrimaryKeyConstraint; and
at that point, I'll be able to ask any column if it's a primary key in
exactly the same place that I currently *can't* ask it if it's part of
a UniqueConstraint.

Please accept heaps of praise for SQLAlchemy and all the work put into
it so far.  It's excellent.