> I'm not sure how querying should work, I guess doing a get by
> primary key should automatically use the correct database. What
> about other searches? Do these consult all the databases and merge
> the results? And what about joins?
i would expect so. and a way to say .search(all) or search(
this.one_only) or search(list)

> I guess people are doing this as an optimisation?

This made me remember one old novell network server that did have 2
disks mirrored, one SCSI and one IDE. All writes were (first) going
to one of them (dont remember which one), while all reads were coming
from the other. there was some autosync at very low level.

so in the same track, i guess one could use some (local?) sqlite for a
first level cache while the slower (networking) monster is chewing
the data...
But this is a case when _same_ things (or subset of) go to several
locations (buffered), not when diff. things go diff. places
(distributed).

my 1p
svil