SQL query for left join which give my desire result  is as follow. i
can use left join or sub select, though I prefer to use left join but
I am Ok with subselect also.

I don't know how to write this query in sqlalchemy. I refered
document, but my query differes on join key as I have more than one
filter on join key.
.

SELECT R.roleId, R.name, R.description from roles R
left join roleElements RE on R.roleId = RE.roleId and RE.isActive =
'Y' and RE.elementId = 1 and RE.elementLevelId = 1
where RE.roleId IS  NULL

OR

SELECT *
FROM roles
WHERE  roleId not in
(select roleId from roleElements where elementLevelId = 1 and
elementId = 1 and isActive= "Y")

note: In actual query, values of RE.elementId and RE.elementLevelId
would be variable.

I really stuck here and tried a lot but couldn't get it.
Hopping any help.

Thank you in advance.

Aruna Kathiriya