On Jun 4, 2007, at 6:47 PM, nathan harmston wrote:

> What kind of overhead is associated with using the autoload flag?
>
> What kind of overhead would be associated with this over a network?
> (with a remote database). Is there a way to "dump" the structure of
> a database to a file and import this as a kind of module?

no, theres no built in way to dump to a file and re-import. youd have
to write that yourself.  please contribute it if you do so since we
get this question once a month, even though i dont think its needed
in most cases unless you have several hundred tables.  the overhead
is a couple of queries per table.  its typically a once-per-startup
activity.