>> I think the .name property of a labled column holds the label, so how
>> about

>> db.job_table, db.client_table, db.service_type_table],
>>  group_by = [col.name <http://col.name> for col in group_by],

This almost worked, but not quite. Using the name column, does give me
the label, but it also only gives the column name, which is a problem
when you have tables with the same column in the from clause (Ambiguous
column error from the db server). The select column statement has
"table.column_name" whilst the group by (using the method above) only
has "column_name" or "label_name".

If i use use_labels option for the select statement, it works, because
then the label names are unique across all columns.

thanks

Huy