Am looking in to this but have little to offer at this point.

My target stack involves Turbogears, SA and PostgreSQL (with SQLite
being used during development).

Am not how many of the DBMS engines support datetimes that are better
than naive wrt timezones which may limit the way SA has to work.

Anyways - do speak up - you have my full attention and probably
others.