> > Hello,
>
> > partitioned tables in PostgreSQL don't report the correct number of
> > updated rows, so updates from a mapper fail. Reported by Antonio on
> > the postgresql-it mailing list.
*kwargs)

>   as this issue just was mentioned the other day, the SA workaround
> would be a dialect-level flag to have sane_rowcount return False when
> the flag is set.  we definitely arent having it return False in all
> cases, since "partioned tables" are not a common use case.  an even
> better fix would be to include the flag on Table items themselves,
> and propigate that through.
>
> patches for either of those two approaches will be accepted.

Yes, sorry: i missed his post in this group.

The latter strategy you suggest is what i had in mind. I thought about
a "sane_rowcount" flag on the table. I have to study a some of the SA
internals to understand the internal objects relationships but i'm
glad to have a reason to take a look inside.

Actually "sane_rowcount" is an effect: the cause is that the table is
partitioned. Would "partitioned" be a better name for the flag?

Regards,

Daniele