On 6/11/07, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> secondly: a non-primary mapper is just an awkward way of defining an
> ORM query.  Since we support generative queries now, you can just
> make a Query object with the criterion youre looking for and just
> hold onto it...youre just adding a single WHERE criterion, so
> my_secondary_query = query(MyClass).filter(table.c.tipo=='p').  much
> easier.   ideally Query should be replacing 90% of all non_primary
> mapper use cases.

So in your mind, is my non-primary example over at
http://spyced.blogspot.com/2007/01/why-sqlalchemy-impresses-me.html
part of the other 10%?  I don't think holding onto a query is as
elegant as being able to say "user.max_order" in a eager or lazy
context and having that Just Work, but maybe I am missing something.