On Jun 22, 3:34 pm, Gloria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
user_change_db_obj.update(user_change_db_obj.c.user_change_num==change_num).execute(user_name=cherrypy.session['username'],prev_change=head.user_change_num,change_type=self.chgDesc,
> dom_string=Handy.jsonize(self.onestep),
> front_end_change_id=self.onestep['step']['fromId'],
> front_end_timestamp=self.onestep['step']['time'],
> before=self.before,after=self.after, section_id=self.section_id,
> db_changes=self.tokenInstructions)
>
> The update causes the exception. What am I missing?

the "cant adapt" error happens when you are putting an incompatibly-
typed object in a bind parameter, and its raised by postgres.
PassiveDefaults play no role in updates.  youd have to look at what
column/value specifically is mentioned in your "cant adapt" error to
narrow down which parameter above is incorrectly typed.